Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Ultimate Reset Day 9 Review - Emotional Eating

I had an epiphany this morning.  It's day 9 of our Ultimate Reset journey, and I am no longer craving food out of comfort or boredom.

I never used to be an emotional eater, but over the last couple of years...responsibilities of life started to add up, the kids tweak my nerves sometimes, and food is just so comforting!  Whenever I felt stressed or anxious, I found myself craving more sweets.  The more stressed I was...the more likely I'd give into my cravings.

Now that it's day 9, I feel a sense of calm and peace - maybe from no caffeine? ha!  I feel like I'm dealing with the daily ups and downs of life much easier, and I'm no longer turning to emotional eating - FOOD for comfort.  I'm learning how to think of food as FUEL instead, and I'm facing little life issues and feeling totally resilient.  I like this internal change!

Today's breakfast:  Fruit plate - Cantaloupe and Kiwi!



Hubby, on the other hand, is missing MEAT!!  He's also having vivid dreams about missing meat! LOL  He's not thrilled about this week, but he's actually in good spirits!


www.Facebook.com/Linds.Westbrook  //  www.Facebook.com/LindseyTylerWestbrook

I'm getting to the point where I really look forward to yoga these days.  Today's Yoga was called "Relax", and it was 25min of light yoga moves with stretching and meditation.  

Try 3 Week Yoga Retreat HERE for free.  And, don't mind my hair...it's a hot mess :p



Today's lunch:  1/2 serving of Pinto beans and rice and Microgreen salad.  (PS - I accidentally typed "pinot" instead of "pinto" and felt a little sad lol)



Tonight's dinner:  Roasted red pepper sweet potato bisque with asparagus with toasted almonds.

Definitely one of our favorites!  We had to find the miso paste at our local health food store, and I had a little trouble peeling the skin off of the bell pepper (as the recipe directed) so I threw the dang thing in my Nutribullet (lol), but it still came out amazing!!  Hubby gave the stamp of approval on the asparagus AND the bisque!  Ours came out a little thick - next time I will use less sweet potato, and if it's still thick...add a little vegetable broth or water to thin it out!





Ta - dahhhh!



How I feel:  Honestly, I haven't felt better!  I feel an overwhelming sense of happiness, and although I'm a pretty happy person, I have my moments where I feel like I'm in a FUNK.  Don't we all?  This program is so much more than just weight loss <3

Stay tuned for my Day 10 Review...






No comments :

Post a Comment

CONTACT