Friday, September 23, 2016

Ultimate Reset Day 12 Review: Learn how to Cook

I confess:  Before we did the Reset 2 years ago, the only things I knew how to cook were scrambled eggs - and, anything that goes in a microwave!  Sadly, I'm not kidding.

The first time we did the Reset, the items on my grocery list looked foreign and were hard to find.  I had to ask the people at our local fruit and veggie stands and Whole Foods to help me find some of the foods on my list.   I also felt a little lost in the kitchen.  The recipes took me longer to make, and it was a little frustrating.

But, one thing I've learned in life, is that you have to be willing to be a little uncomfortable to change and GROW as a person.
I learned a LOT within those 21 days about different foods, how to prepare them, and I even cleaned out all of my kitchen cabinets and bought all new plates, bowls, and measuring cups, #1- because I had all of this newfound energy and hit some type of "nesting phase" within week 2, and #2- because I gained confidence in the kitchen and learned how to love new foods and love cooking!  Hubby was quite happy about that ;)

If you're interested in doing this program, and you're worried about your lack of cooking skills, don't worry.  Like the quote above says, "Everything is figureoutable", and anyone can ask for guidance at the grocery store and anyone can follow a recipe.  Don't overthink it!  Plus, I'd be happy to walk you through the process as well - just send me a message on my Facebook page. :)

Today's breakfast:  Fruit plate!  Apples, pears, raspberries, and honeydew melon.  SO FILLING, but I ate it ALL because I don't want to feel hungry, tired, and fatigued like I did yesterday from not eating enough!



Then, went for a mile and 1/2 walk with hubby and also did yoga!  Week 2 of the 3 Week Yoga Retreat is definitely getting more intense...but, a "good" intense!  Try the 3 Week Yoga Retreat for free HERE.



Today's lunch:  Leftovers!  Hearty vegetable miso soup and Microgreen salad.  You know...the very first time I had the microgreen salad, it was the BEST salad EVER.  Since we've been eating it almost every day for the last {almost} two weeks, I had a VERY hard time getting it down!  The soup was better today than it was last night {isn't soup ALWAYS better the day after?} - I added himalayan salt, pepper, and garlic powder to spice it up, and it was good - still not my favorite, but good.  Nick and I both found humor in the fact that we literally cannot eat that salad again this week, and we are daydreaming of our first meal AFTER this Reset!! ha!  9 more days....we can DO THIS!



Tonight's dinner:  Mediterranean roasted beets and Coconut collard greens.  It's funny...and ironic.  This entire blog post is talking about "learning how to cook" and "anyone can follow a recipe", but I royally screwed up dinner tonight LOL.  Oops!  I mixed the beats with olive oil, seasoning, AND lemon and parsley BEFORE roasting.  Lemon and parsley was supposed to happen AFTER roasting.  Whoops.  


SNAPCHAT - FOLLOW ME - LindseyTylerW

And, the collard greens.  I hear people LOVE this coconut collard green recipe.  Hubby grew up eating collard greens, and not only did I not like them...but, he didn't either!  So, tonight's dinner was a BOMB.  We didn't try this recipe the first time we did the Ultimate Reset, and next time we do the UR...we will substitute one of the "Reset in a Crunch" recipes (the simpler recipes that don't involve crazy ingredients) lol.  The point is...we TRIED it.  And, we didn't love it, and that's ok!  On to the next recipe!



How WE Feel:  HUNGRY, but ok.  Planning to sub any meals we KNOW we won't like with the "Reset in a Crunch" meals.  They sound good...and safe. :p

Stay tuned for my Day 13 Review...


No comments :

Post a Comment

CONTACT