Saturday, September 24, 2016

Ultimate Reset Day 13 Review - How do you have the Willpower to Stay Motivated?

Someone said to me the other day, "How do you have the WILLPOWER to stay motivated - I don't think I could EVER do the cleanse that you're doing!"

I have to admit...it's NOT easy.  It's totally mental.  Mind over matter.  But, I like a challenge, I like structure, and I LOVE results.  And, I had gotten to a point where I wasn't getting the results I wanted, and I was working SO hard.  This program is like hitting your body's "Reset" button, making it brand new again.  My metabolism and my hormones desperately needed it.  I've seen more changes within the past 13 days than I have for the last 2 years.  

So, how do I stay motivated?  Seeing and feeling RESULTS!  I mean, 8.1lbs down within 12 days is a BIG deal for me, and I'm just 1.8lbs down from a weight I haven't seen in over 2 years.  THAT is why I'm motivated.  And, THAT is how I have willpower to finish this thing!  I mean...wouldn't YOU?

I bought these jeans about 2 months ago.  They are not stretchy, and they wouldn't fit further than my thighs.  Instead of shipping them back, I kept them as "goal pants".  This morning, I found them as I was putting clothes away, and I really didn't think they would fit yet, but I pulled them up and they fit PERFECTLY!  I can't even believe it.  I'm so excited!  I will definitely be rewarding myself with some new clothes after day 21! :)



Today's breakfast:  Fruit plate!  Apples and Watermelon.



Today's lunch was simple:  Instead of the microgreen salad and beets, I had Vegan Shakeology blended with 1/2 of an avocado.  It was SO GOOD!  We chose to sub the meal because #1- we just couldn't do the salad and beets again and #2- we brought the kids ice skating today and needed something healthy, quick, and simple!



When we got home, we felt LOW on energy, so we ate one of the snack options:  Corn on the cob.  Kind of strange snack option, but if that's what the plan says...that's what we eat ;)

Tonight's dinner:  Acorn squash with garlic tahini sauce and broccoli.  It was "different".  WAY better than last night.  This one was edible.  It tasted like creamy squash with some kind of baked topping.  I'm not sure I'd make it again, but my belly is full, and I'm glad I tried it! :)



How I feel:  Feeling great!  Like I said, I'm fitting into clothes I wasn't able to fit into just 2 months ago, and I'm SO close to a weight I haven't seen in 2 years.  Hubby has lost 12lbs, and his pants are so loose he's needing a belt (remember, he has Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism, so weight loss doesn't come easy for him either) :)  We may not be THRILLED with some of the food, but it's 100% worth it!  8 more days to goooooo :)

Stay tuned for my Day 14 Review...


No comments :

Post a Comment

CONTACT