Friday, September 16, 2016

Ultimate Reset Day 4 Review - What do your Kids Eat while you're on the Reset?

It's Day 4, and everyone is still happy in this house! ;)

This morning, I woke up at 6:15am wide awake and ready for the day without coffee - whhaaatttt???  And, Nick is feeling so good he went golfing today!  I feel a sense of peace after hearing Ayla had an amazing first day of school with her new teacher - I know I made the right choice switching her.

I had a few people on my Facebook page asking me, "What do your kids eat while you're doing The Ultimate Reset?"

This is an interesting question because the kids are pretty used to eating 80% healthy throughout the week (I do give them some treats...they are KIDS!).  During the Reset, I pretty much know which foods they WILL eat and which foods they will NOT eat lol.  

There is clearly a LOT of food prep that goes into this plan, so I definitely do not want to cook 2 separate dinners every single night.  On the days/nights when all of OUR food is already prepped, it's easy for me to make them a separate meal and make enough for leftovers.  Crockpot meals are the easiest!  

In the mornings, they usually like a healthy cereal, a waffle with peanut butter, or a piece of whole wheat toast with peanut butter and banana.  They eat lunch at school.

This week, their dinners have consisted of:


  • Prepped chicken crockpot meal with veggies (froze leftovers for next week)
  • Southwestern Tacos from the reset (I give them regular taco shells and some cheese)
  • A lunchable (hey, I'm human lol)
  • Tonight, they are having a rotisserie chicken, carrots with Bolthouse yogurt based dressing, and potatoes
  • Friday night, we will order them pizza
  • They eat fruit for dessert, and right now...we have LOTS of it!

They are happy.  We are happy.  We are making it work :)  

Am I tempted by their food?  
Not at this point.  Phase 1 includes a LOT of filling food.  I'll let you know how I feel on pizza night, but right now I'm doing ok! ;)

Today's Breakfast:  Fruit plate with 3/4 cup Organic full fat greek yogurt and 1 tsp pure maple syrup.

This seriously tasted like CANDY today <3



For lunch, I subsituted the Nori Rolls again (with a half portion of the Southwestern Tacos).  Why?  #1- because I had a friend tell me they are a nightmare to make lol, and #2- because I know next week, no more tacos! :(  And, I also made the Day 4 Lentil Salad.  I'm not sure how I felt about it.  I heard people say you either love it or you hate it.  And, I'm still undecided lol!  It's very different. I say..if you're willing to spend the time to make each meal...TRY EVERYTHING.  You never know what you're going to like or dislike.  Hubby and I actually still make some of the recipes we learned from the Ultimate Reset.  You never know until you try...

PS- I could NOT finish all of this food!  This program tells you to eat until you're comfortably full.  If it's too much food, don't eat it all.  If you're still really hungry...eat a little more.  This is not a calorie restricting "weight loss" program.  It's a total body cleanse / reset.  A BONUS for majority of people after flushing all toxins and eating super clean foods is...weight loss.

Tacos again :))))

Lentil Salad

Oh gosh...I should have had a snack today because around 4pm, I hit a WALL.  We picked up the kids from school at 3:30pm, and Nick had some homes to show a client (he's a realtor), the kids were wired and tired, and we had to sit in the car for an hour until he finished!  My headache started creeping back.  I thought I was finished with the headaches!  When we got home, I couldn't make dinner SOON enough.  Luckily everything was chopped and prepped because hubby and I were soooo hungry, headachey, and irritable!


They are cray cray...all of them!

Tonight's dinner:  Stir fried veggies with quinoa (I used prepped rice because I didn't feel like taking the time to make quinoa!).  I'm kind of sick of rice at this point, but the veggies were good!  This recipe is actually what taught me how to make the perfect stir fry.  Hot pan, broccoli first, then carrots, then zucchini, onions, and peppers.  I do think this recipe calls for a LOT of oil (I usually don't use nearly this much when I make stir fry off of the The Ultimate Reset), but I know it's probably to keep you satiated, and I was all about wanting to feel FULL so I used #alltheoil :)

Stir Fried Veggies with Brown Rice
How I feel:  Tonight was the first night I questioned whether or not we can finish this thing!  My headache was worse than Day 1 and Day 2, and I literally had NO patience.  I felt emotional for no reason, and I just wanted dessert and wine!! lol  That's it for tonight...ready to sleep off this headache ...again.  Oh, and I skipped yoga today!

I can do this...I can do this...I can do hard things.

Stay tuned for my Day 5 post...

No comments :

Post a Comment

CONTACT