Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Ultimate Reset Day 2 Review - Can I Workout during The Ultimate Reset?

Today is Day 2 of The Ultimate Reset!  If you missed my Day 1 post...check out this link.

Last night, I went to bed when the kids went to bed.  My body was super tired from the detoxification process.  I had a full blown migraine from caffeine withdrawal, and I just needed to sleep it off!  I slept SO good and woke up this morning headache free...but, still missing my coffee <3  Hubby is still feeling fine.  He drinks more caffeine than I do daily (I only have one cup in the AM) - what's up with that? ha!  Kidding...I'm happy he's feeling ok so I don't have to deal with his grumpiness ;)

Tip #3:  If you're planning on doing this cleanse, plan to feel low in energy and headachey for the first 3 or so days.  If I didn't work from home, I would definitely plan to start this cleanse on a weekend so I felt ok by Monday or Tuesday. 

Today's Breakfast:  Oats with 1 cup of blueberries and 1/2 cup of full fat greek yogurt with 1tsp pure maple syrup - YUMMY!  Full fat yogurt is like ice cream to me! haha.  Hubby ate his oats and yogurt seperately.  Leave it to me to be weird and eat it together :D  This was SO filling, and I was only able to eat about 2/3 of it!  There is definitely no starving in phase 1 of this cleanse!




Tip #4 - Can I workout during The Ultimate Reset?
No, and yes.  Since your body is using so much energy to flush the toxins out of your system and restore it to "factory settings"...most likely (unless you're superwoman) you will not have the excess energy to do anything strenuous. HOWEVER...if you're going to workout, you can walk, swim, or do something low impact like stretching and/or yoga. 

Hubby and I chose to do the 3 Week Yoga Retreat which is low impact yoga workout program for beginners.  Try it here for free.



I wasn't sure if we'd be mature enough to do yoga together, but it only took us about 5min to stop laughing :D




Our workout schedule for the next 3 weeks

For lunch today:  Microgreen salad with chicken.  Kinda similar to yesterday...except, today was much easier because everything was prepped!!!!!


Today was our LAST day of eating MEAT...so, hubby is still smiling and all is well in the world. :D



During phase 1, we continue to take the same supplements:  Mineralize, Optimize, Alkalinize, and Soothe.  I explained what each of the do in my Day 1 Post.  Here is what Alkalinize looks like...yummy, right? ha!  Shake and CHUG for sure!

Time to plan for dinner!!  I printed out the meal plan I posted within this post HERE.  I highlighted how many meals I chose the Southwestern Tacos.  (Since this is our second time doing this cleanse, I already know this is our fav meal and it keeps hubby happy lol...so I swapped some of the other meals with the same nutritional contents with the Southwestern Tacos.  It's ok to swap certain meals for others as long as you do so within the same phases and make sure you swap meals with the same nutritional components).

We chose to eat the Southern Tacos 5 times this week.  So, I took out the recipe and multiplied each ingredient by 10 since there are two of us, and I wrote a new recipe.  This is the easiest way to make it all make sense in my head lol.


  • 7 1/2 cups cooked rice
  • 5 cups black beans
  • 2 1/2 tsp EVOO
  • 10 dashes of Cumin
  • 10 dashes of Chili Powder
  • 10 tsp Braggs Aminos
  • And, I already have prepped tomatoes and onions for the pico and prepped corn as well



What are Bragg's Amino Acids??  Don't worry, I didn't know about them either until we did The Ultimate Reset last year!  And, now we use them all the time as a soy sauce alternative.  I found mine on Amazon, and they last a long time.

I used my prepped chopped veggies from yesterday to whip up some pico de gallo


Last time we did this cleanse, we attempted the taco shells.  We bought these Ezekial wraps from the health food store freezer section, put them in the oven, and they turned into super crunchy CHIPS!  It was actually a really nice mistake because we loved eating this meal like taco chips instead of a taco.  :)


And, leftovers (rice, beans, corn, and pico) are packed which means we will have at least 1-3 simple, prepped meals each day for the rest of this week! :)


How I feel tonight:  My headache came back around 2pm again today.  My body isn't happy about this no coffee thing lol.  And, tired...very tired.  I think it's going to be another early bedtime kinda night <3  Looking forward to tomorrow!

Stay tuned for my Day 3 post...

No comments :

Post a Comment

CONTACT