This recipe was SURPRISING...
Honestly time...I've NEVER tried butternut squash or bay leaf. I don't like tomatoes. Nick doesn't like green peppers or onions. But, I figured what the heck...let's try it! :) Nick was already planning what dinner he'd have after he tried this stew and didn't like it, and I wasn't much more hopeful!! lol
But, let me tell you...it was incredible!!! Slightly sweet and it had a spicy kick. This is definitely something that will be in our normal dinner routine...BUT...next time, I will buy the butternut squash peeled and cubed because that is a JOB! haha
**Makes approx 6 servings -- 21 Day Fix Extreme Approved
1 TBS refined coconut oil
1 rotisserie chicken, (white meat shredded)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 1/2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 1/4 cups low-sodium beef broth
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
1 tsp. black pepper
2 cups cubed butternut squash
Fresh parsley to top
What to do:
1. Heat oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat.
2. Saute' green peppers and onions until onions are translucent (4-5min)
3. Add garlic, mix for 1 min
4. Add broth, tomatoes, salt, pepper, bay leaf, and bring to boil.
5. Add chicken, reduce heat medium-low, and cover for 10min
6. Add squash. Cook and cover, stir occasionally for 10-12min.
7. Remove bay leaf, top with parsley, and serve.