Monday, December 5, 2016

6 Minute Spaghetti Squash - Instant Pot Recipe - Low Carb Pasta Alternative

Spaghetti Squash:  One of my all time favorite low carb pasta alternatives.  But, the problem: it usually takes 45+ minutes to bake so I rarely buy it.  I'm a busy mama, and most nights I don't have 45min between the kids' homework, bath time, and bedtime routine.  I'm all about the QUICK meals!



So, you can imagine my excitement when I came across this youtube video that explained how to make spaghetti squash in 6 minutes in an Instant Pot - you got that right...SIX minutes!  I honestly didn't believe it was even possible, so I had to buy spaghetti squash THAT night experiment for myself! ;)




First, I cut the spaghetti squash in half (short-ways), scooped out the seeds, and fit it into my Instant Pot with 1 cup of water.  I closed the lid, clicked manual, and clicked the down arrow to 6 minutes.

While the Instant Pot heated up, I sauteed some onions, garlic, and shrimp...and some cherry tomatoes, garlic, and feta.  Once heated to high pressure, the timer went off in 6 minutes, and the spaghetti squash was perfectly steamed and tender, and dinner was ready!


The entire meal took less than 20min which made this mama super happy!

PS- for those of you who are not sure WHAT an Instant Pot is...it's a multi-cooker that not only cooks spaghetti squash and meats (even frozen) super quickly, but it also has so many other uses (makes yogurt, boiled eggs, etc etc etc) - Check out this link to read the features for yourself - it's pretty incredible! 


 

  
xo - Lindsey



No comments :

Post a Comment

CONTACT