Thursday, January 29, 2015

Food = FUEL

Lately, we’ve been following the Body Beast plan and following macros. 
Macro means to track the number of carbs, healthy fats, and proteins daily.

I THOUGHT I had my carb, fat, and protein ratios pretty much figured out until I started tracking my progress!  I downloaded an app called Lose It.  

(below shows an example of one of my 1 on 1 challenger's daily food log)


























The LOSE IT app allows you to:

-Track all of your food daily
-You can scan the barcodes of each food item or search their food library
-Enter in your own foods based on recipe ingredients
-Enter in your workouts (calorie deficit)
-Track your ratios of carbs, healthy fats, and proteins

And, it helps you view FOOD as FUEL instead of COMFORT or something to do when you’re bored. :)

What I love about tracking is that when I have the craving for something like cake…I have to think about how cake would look on my tracker, and I second guess eating cake! lol  

I’ve been tracking my macros at 40% carbs, 30% healthy fats, and 30% lean proteins….and sticking to mostly veggies and fruits for carbs and only 2 small servings of starchy carbs.  So far, so good!

No comments :

Post a Comment

CONTACT