Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Skinny Pancakes Recipe - Gluten Free - Vegetarian - Kid Friendly - 21 Day Fix Approved

Who loves COMFORT FOOD!?  This girl!!! ;)  I love it even more when I know it's healthy AND fits within my weight loss plan.  

This week, I'm testing out the recipes on my upcoming ROCK YOUR SKINNY JEANS Challenge meal plan that I created for my challengers who are ready to shed some lbs and fit into their goal jeans so they can feel great for the holidays.  This recipe is definitely a keeper <3

I may play around with this recipe and make a pumpkin version because - who isn't obsessed with pumpkin during this time of year? :)

Here is my Gluten Free - Vegetarian - Skinny Pancakes Recipe: (Serves 4.  2 Pancakes per Serving.  1 Yellow and 1 1/2 Purples on the 21 Day Fix portion control plan)



INGREDIENTS:

1 cup unsweetened almond milk
2 eggs
1 ripe banana
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder (gluten free)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 dash himalayan salt
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free
Coconut oil spray
3 cups mixed berries

DIRECTIONS:

Place almond milk, eggs, banana, vanilla extract, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and oats in blender (I used my nutribullet).  Blend until smooth.

Heat pan on medium-high heat.  Spray with coconut oil. 

Pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake.  


When edges start to brown a bit, raise, and firm, slide the pancake a bit to make sure it's firm and not sticking to the pan.  It should look like this:


Flip pancakes, and cook until slightly brown on each side.


Serve topped with berries.


STORING AND REHEATING:

Place the pancakes in a plastic bowl.  Separate each with wax paper.  Leftover pancakes can be easily re-heated in the toaster for kid friendly breakfasts or healthy on the go breakfasts.

Comment below and let me know what you guys think!! <3 xo - Lindsey

No comments :

Post a Comment

CONTACT