Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Top 8 TIPS to Stay on Track (or Get Back on Track) with Health and Fitness when LIFE HAPPENS

Hey friends and followers!  I've been thinking a lot lately about HOW to guide my challengers in my online accountability groups BACK to their health and fitness goals after LIFE kinda...HAPPENS.  

You know...when life gets busy, responsibilities have you feeling drained, the kids get sick (and, so do you), maybe something happened to you or someone in your family that has completely disrupted and shaken your life to the core.  

The thought of commitment becomes scary, doubt starts to creep in, your goals seem so distant, maybe even out of reach.  Thoughts of disappointment starts floating through your head.  You don't want to be a "quitter" (not THIS time...this time was supposed to be DIFFERENT), but you're feeling deflated... and, you're feeling like a failure.  It's just TOO much, and you're ready to throw in the towel.

Sound familiar?

Weight loss is an EMOTIONAL process you guys...full of ups and downs, and when your everyday life is disrupted, it can feel impossible.  I get it.  I've been there, done that many times.  

I've gotten into the BEST shape of my entire life, and when "Life Happened" I let it all fall apart.  I know what it feels like to feel disappointed in myself and defeated.



Here are some Tips that have helped me (and my challengers) STAY on Track OR Get Back on Track:

1. BREATHE.  
If something terrible has happened in your life, I am truly sorry.  Reach out to me, and I will make sure I pray for strength and peace for you.  Let yourself feel the disappointment, and let yourself grieve, but don't stay in that dark place for too long (I know, much easier said than done!).  If something has happened to someone you love, remember they don't want to see you hurting.  They want to see you happy, living your life to its fullest.  YOU have ONE life - dig deep, find your inner strength, and do something for yourself that will make you feel any sort of a glimmer of happiness or fulfillment.  If you're the praying type - pray for strength and guidance.  

Baby steps: one foot in front of the other.  If there's any time to take special care of yourself, it's now.  Nourish your body with healthy foods - and tap into your inner peace by doing some yoga.  Make yourself do these things - they won't fix your situation, but they will improve your mood and mindset.  Just know, this too shall pass <3



2.  SUCH IS LIFE.
The truth is..."Life Happens" to EVERYONE.  Life is FULL of ups and downs.  We all experience storms.  They make us re-evaluate our lives.  They make us appreciate everything we have so much more, and they make us stronger.

I promise you're not the only one.  You may THINK you are if you're comparing your life with your friend's lives on social media.  Most people only post the "happy highlights" of their lives yet they omit sharing their vulnerable struggles.  Why?  Maybe they fear being a "Negative Nancy" or maybe they just prefer to focus on the positives and they'd rather not share their less-than-perfect moments for all to see.  Who knows!  

Anyone who knows me knows I share IT ALL!  The good AND the bad.  I believe we all have a story, and I believe sharing our struggles will help those who are currently going through the same struggles we are.  I live my life as an open book to give others HOPE in their own lives.  Helping other people lifts ME up!  If you're feeling down...do something nice for someone else - you wouldn't believe the effect it will have on YOU <3


Life is full of happy times, sad times, trying times, exciting times, and times that may have you questioning everything.  But, everything you go through will make you a stronger, more inspiring person who has the ability to help other people.  The sooner you realize that everyone has obstacles to overcome, the more normal your life and your obstacles will feel, and the more equipped you will be to deal with them.




3.  RE-EVALUATE THE SITUATION.
Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.  Really.  Was it really THAT bad, or are you blowing things out of proportion {{ just a TINY bit }} ??  

Did you know, it's mentally impossible to focus on a setback AND also focus on your GOAL at the same time?  

What we focus on E-X-P-A-N-D-S and becomes our reality.  If you have a small problem and you're seeing it as the END of the WORLD...you will feel OVERWHELMED.  If you see a small problem for "what it is - a small problem", you can easily brush it off and keep going. What are you focusing on?  What COULD you be focusing on instead?

I've seen challengers make excuses for little things that happen in their lives that push them away from their goals, and most of the time the "issues" are way bigger in their heads than they really are!  And, sometimes I see this as "just another excuse to QUIT", and if you're a challenger of mine...you didn't sign up to quit...you signed up to see this through and see results, and you trusted me to hold you accountable.  So, is it really "Life" that is in the way, or are you looking for "valid" excuses to bail on the things you told me were important to you?



4.  TAP INTO YOUR WHY.
There is a distinct EMOTIONAL reason you started this journey.  What was it?  Were you having health problems?  Do health problems run in your family and you either want to help inspire THEM to change, or you want to reroute your destiny?  Are you too out of shape to play with your kids?  Do you feel uncomfortable or unhappy in your clothes?  Do you avoid being in photos?  Is the extra weight holding you back from going out of the house and being social?  Is it hindering your happiness - because you guys...

HAPPINESS is all we want.  It's what we strive for and crave.  If you're not happy, it's time to DO SOMETHING about it.  Don't live a mediocre life.  I've done that and I'm never looking back.  GO FOR the things YOU WANT. No regrets.

WRITE DOWN WHAT WILL MAKE YOU HAPPY.  THAT IS YOUR GOAL.  HOW CAN WE MAKE THIS HAPPEN FOR YOU?  It starts with focusing on YOU...

5.  IF IT'S BEEN DONE BY SOMEONE ELSE, IT CAN BE DONE BY YOU.

Get rid of the limiting beliefs that tell you that success isn't "for you".  Success is for anyone who believes in themselves and is willing to put in the work that other people are not willing to put in.

The things you believe about yourself become your reality.  Believe you are successful and can achieve anything you put your mind to because it's 100% TRUE.  Don't let anything tell you or let you think otherwise.

If you want to lose 5lbs, DO IT.
If you want to gain 5lbs of muscle, DO IT.
If you want to lose 100lbs, DO IT.
If you want to be a fitness competitor like MY MOM was at the age of 34, DO IT.

There is NOTHING that bothers me more than the word, "CAN'T".  Because I believe the all opportunities are available to anyone who is willing to believe in themselves and PUT IN THE WORK.  Anything life changing, isn't EASY.  So, if you want your life to CHANGE...be willing to be uncomfortable.



6.  REALIZE THIS IS A JOURNEY - THERE IS NO FINISH LINE.
A health and fitness journey is not a smooth, paved road, straight up to success.  There are obstacles, and challenges, and times you're not going to be sure if you have it IN YOU.  But, YOU DO.  

You see...the REAL road to success...is a pretty effed up looking road.  People make it look easy like it's a straight up path, but it's not because it takes CONSISTENCY...and, consistency isn't easy.  CHOOSING to make healthy choices daily and working out for 30min daily are simple decisions, BUT making those decisions daily when no one is telling you that you HAVE TO is tough.  But, living a happier, better quality, longer life is worth every bit of struggle.  




7.  STOP SAYING "I DON'T HAVE TIME"
Unless you knew me before I became a coach, you may not know that my hubby used to be a retail store manager who worked CRAZY hours, while I felt like a single mom who owned a permanent makeup studio, and was taking care of a 2 1/2 yr old and a 9mo old when I started a 2nd business...which is now my (Stay-at-Home Online Coaching Business).  I was taking off of work SO MUCH because the kids were always sick from daycare, and the time I WAS working, I was making just enough money to pay the overhead of my studio and all of the supplies I needed to work on my clients.  At that time, I felt like I had LESS time than everyone in the world.  

In actuality...I had the same amount of time in every day, and it was up to ME to learn how to manage my time better so I could "fit it all in" and still lead a balanced life.

Think about everything you have going on in your life.  Do you have TOO MANY responsibilities?  Can you eliminate anything?  Can you ask someone in your family for help?  We ALL want to be Superwoman...but, let's be honest...it's NOT always possible (speaking from experience).

Write it all down.  All of your responsibilities.  On paper. (Like..now. lol).  Are any of them optional?  Can you delegate any of them?  

I also recommend "The Miracle Morning" - this book / (or audio) could be life-changing for you.  If "fitting it all in" is tough for you...that just means it's time to GROW and learn HOW to "fit it all in".  Because, I can promise you - we all have 24 hours in a day, and if managing your time is a struggle for you...it will always be a struggle in your life.  It's time to face this issue head-on, learn how to manage your time NOW...so you can lead a more proactive life which is less stressful than living a REactive life. 




8.  SO, IF YOU QUIT - WHAT EXACTLY WILL GET BETTER?

Will you have MORE energy?  Will you be LESS tired (btw-working out and eating healthy actually gives you MORE energy)?  Will you finally fit into your clothes again?  Will you have more energy to play with your kids?  Will you feel confident and want to be in your family photos instead of avoiding them?  Will you feel sexy for your husband?  Will you feel PROUD of yourself?...  

Will your problems disappear?  
Or will you have wish you never would have quit in the first place?.....

That was on my HEART tonight <3  

Please comment below if it helped you <3

xo - Lindsey

No comments :

Post a Comment

CONTACT